Car Boot and Spicy peanut stir-fry with lo mein noodles



Today was interesting. Woke up with plenty of time to get to the 10 o'clock Catholic mass and still managed to get lost and arrive at 10:20. I had a great first experience at St. Patrick's Catholic Church until, I returned to my car with an orange boot on its tire! Supposedly, I was illegally parked and the CPM managed to boot my tire in the 30 mins I was gone. $35 later I headed to the Whole Foods Market in Mt. Pleasant to lift my spirits. I was very pleased with the selection and managed to buy an odd assortment of baking ingredients and vegetables. I returned to my apartment and decided it best to resign from driving for the day. I made a quick egg and turkey bacon burrito for lunch and went to work in my room.
Today was a good day. I felt at peace here in Charleston. Talking to friends and family distracted me throughout the day and reminded me of how thankful I am to have their support. Around 7, I scrounged up just enough ingredients to make an easy peanut sauce chicken and veggie stir-fry with lo mein noodles for dinner.

I used some of the chicken leftover in the balsamic marinade and grilled those as I cooked the noodles. Then, I lightly steamed some broccoli, string beans, and carrots with onion in another saucepan. Finally I combined the chopped chicken and steamed veggies with the lo mein noodles and stirred in my homemade spicy peanut sauce (peanut butter, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, minced garlic, and chili powder to taste). I always top off a meal with fresh cracked black pepper. Not too bad :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice photos! looking good :)

Post a Comment