Long day + post-nap dinner


Coffee is the key to success for 8 am classes. But what is the energy fix for having 5 classes in one day? Two years ago, I committed to drinking 2 cups of coffee in the morning and that's it! So what can I do for an afternoon pick me up? Enlighten me if you have the answer... because today I subconsciously slipped into an evening nap. Not ideal, but luckily I had planned out my recipes for dinner the night before :)

So tonight I made rosemary sweet potatoes (chopped and roasted) and adapted a recipe from this month's Cooking Light Magazine (http://www.cookinglight.com/magazine/) for Roast Chicken with Balsamic Bell Peppers. The potatoes complimented the chicken extremely well. It felt nice to sit down to hot meal with warm colors and flavors after a long day.







*Included in this post are pictures from yesterday: Buckwheat Crepes with fruit and maple syrup, crispy kale chips, and my healthy organic chocolate chip cookies (ingredients include: white and wheat flour, oat bran, flax seeds, soy nuts - in place of peanuts, 1 ripe banana, cinnamon, and chocolate chips). They seem daring and well they were daring, but my roommate Kendra who is also an aspiring cook/baker absolutely loved them. So I think I'll keep this concoction for the books as an "in the works" recipes.


No comments:

Post a Comment