Blueberry Cornmeal Waffles





Mmm... A few weeks ago, Kelli (my new roommate) bought a waffle maker for $8! Can't beat that! So Saturday morning, actually Saturday around noon - when we all rolled out of bed - there was only one thing on our minds: waffles.
Coincidentally, earlier in the week I hit a sale at Williams and Sonoma. I popped into the store on my walk home from yoga on Thursday and bought an organic cornmeal waffle and pancake mix for under $4! And so the match was made and we were awarded for our economic savings with delicious, homemade WAFFLES :)

My creation---
Blueberry Cornmeal Waffles:
- To make the waffle batter I simply followed the recipe on the back of the box and folded in fresh blueberries right before I poured the batter.
Blueberry Compote Syrup Recipe:
- 1/2 cup of frozen or fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1/4 cup of agave or syrup
Combine the three ingredients in a sauce pan over medium-high heat and let the mixture cook for 8-10 minutes. Reserve some of the blueberries to add at the end (adds texture)

No comments:

Post a Comment