Best Birthday, Best Friends, Celebrating 20

I have been so blessed in my 20 years of life and am so thankful to my family and friends for making my birthday so special. Each one of my friends is a gift in my life... I guess I don't thank them enough because they all felt the need to shower me with gifts and goodies for my birthday!

My mouth is watering just typing about this cake. Words cannot describe the richness and deliciousness of this Chocolate Mousse Torte Cake that I received this morning from my two best friends Whitley and John :) I'm not sure what a girl is supposed to do with a huge cake like this... eat it all for herself? Yes! I am embarrassed to show the aftermath of this cake after the packaging came off. I am trying my hardest to save enough to share with my roommates and friends here in Charleston because this cake is too good to be kept a secret!! Thank you Whitley and John for knowing me SO well and spoiling me with this decadent treat on my birthday!

Mmmm cake number two! A Meche's King Cake sent from home and delivered on my birthday! Once again I have been completely spoiled by my loving Mother who sent me a box full of special gifts, including this Mardi Gras cake.

I met up with my three of my friends here in Charleston (Milena, Hilary and Kathi) for a birthday lunch at WOK (World Oriental Kitchen). It is a new a la carte Asian restaurant on King Street. My friends were so good to me: Milena paid for my meal, Hilary brought me a card, and Kathi brought me a bag of Lindt Lindor Truffles!


Along with my cake from Louisiana, my mom ordered me my first real cookbook!


No comments:

Post a Comment