Kayak trip + Post-camping meal

Capers Island, SC
"If camping is your form of a vacation, then you should eat like a vacationer too!" - Wendy (CCRC Kayak guide)
So I thought, what food will keep well AND make me happy? Naan bread pizza! I'm not going to lie, I felt spoiled eating this artichoke and feta pizza on the beach after a full day of kayaking!
SunsetSunriseAh the return home! It was so nice to come home to a hearty meal. And better yet it was leftovers - requiring no preparation but a little reheating!
Meal: Cajun style Red Beans and Rice with Sausage over Wild Rice and a Fresh Green Salad.
*I made a large pot of red beans last week and have been enjoying the leftovers ever since. It's always a good idea to make a big batch of soup/stews.. these things usually reheat nicely and freeze well.*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

id like to see a picture of those chiggers

nat2knowlton said...

sarah you are hilarious!

Post a Comment