James Island and Hominy Grill Brunch

Two weeks ago Milena and I ventured off to James Island for a morning walk along the water. It was a beautiful day, a bit chilly, but perfect for a brisk walk. Although it was quite scenic out on the island, I couldn't help but be distracted by my thoughts for what was up next. We were going to the famous breakfast spot here in Charleston, Hominy Grill. We waited in line for about 30 minutes (amongst and eclectic group of tourists) and finally got seated at a cute little table outside on the patio.Ordering was a bit overwhelming since everything looked delicious. I regretted to learn only AFTER my visit, that they are noted for their "big nasty biscuit w/ fried chicken breast, cheddar and sausage gravy." Instead I ordered the special of the day: shrimp and avocado omelet with grits and sunflower toast. My favorite part of the whole meal might have been their homemade blackberry jam that I lathered on my toast :)Milena tried a different omelet with the breakfast potatoes. As usual we split our meals to taste a bit of both dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment