Simple Beet and Goat Cheese Salad

This might just be the simplest and most delicious 3 ingredient salad! I bought some beautiful red and golden beets at the Farmer's Market last Saturday, as well as some of the best looking and spiciest arugula I have ever seen and tasted.

Preheat your oven to 450 F. To prepare the beets: Simply wash them, trim (cut-off) the roots, wrap them in foil and let them roast in the oven for 50 minutes. While the beets are in the oven, I prepare my dressing: whisk together 3 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp orange juice, 2 tbsp champagne or white wine vinegar, fresh chiffonaded basil, salt and pepper. Once the beets are done, and can be easily pierced by a fork, let them cool. Then you can peel off the skin and thinly slice the beets placing them over a bed of arugula and lettuce blend. Lastly, dress your salad with the fresh vinaigrette and crumbled goat cheese.

I also LOVE to add "crunch" to my salad by spreading goat cheese on seeded flat bread crackers, then breaking them up into mini croutons all over the salad. The addition of the "make shift croutons" really sets this salad apart :) My favorite cracker to use is Suzie's Spelt Multiseed Flatbread

No comments:

Post a Comment