blueberry pancakes.


Today is Sunday and it's Father's Day. Unfortunately, my father is out of town for business in Singapore or on a plane somewhere heading to South Korea? Which brings me to my next point - how proud I am of my father. He is the hardest working man I know and still continues to bring fun, happiness, and love into our family.

Anyone who has been to our house on Sunday mornings knows that John (my dad) 'mans the kitchen' on this day. He takes omelet orders, grills bacon, bakes delicious beer biscuits, and makes a big pot of coffee for everyone.

Since my dad isn't here this Sunday, and we already celebrated Father's Day with him before he left on Wednesday, I decided to make breakfast for my mom and sister this morning. I didn't feel right about making omelets and beer biscuits without my dad, (truth - I just don't feel confident enough in my omelet-making abilities) so I decided to make blueberry pancakes.
The recipe is simple.

blueberry pancakes.

yields 10-12 cakes

. 1 cup flour
. 2 tbsp sugar
. 1 tsp baking powder
. 1/2 tsp baking soda
. 1/2 tsp salt
. 1/4 tsp cinnamon

. 1 egg
. 3/4 - 1 cup milk (i used almond milk)
. 1 tbsp canola oil
. 1 tsp vanilla extract
. 1 tbsp yogurt (optional)

. 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until batter is mixed. Fold in blueberries or, as I like to do, hand place them onto individual cakes once batter is poured on the pan. Heat a lightly greased griddle over medium heat and pour 1/4 cup of batter on pan. Once bubbles form, flip, wait 1 minute... flip onto plate. Enjoy.

Happy Father's Day Dad. I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THAT is the best picture! I should have used that!

Post a Comment