Austin EATS

Although it feels like we have known each other forever, Milena and I met only 10 months ago (January of this year). Among other things, it didn't take long for us to realize that we both shared the same love for the city of Austin, Texas. Neither of us had ever been to the Austin City Limits music festival (ACL) but had always wanted to attend. Without hesitation, and mostly in the excitement of meeting each other, we marked our calendars and bought ACL tickets the day they went on sale! The rest is...And so, the week finally arrived after months of anticipation and we flew to Austin on Thursday of last week. Everything was amazing! The music, the food, the people, the culture, the weather, it was a perfect weekend in Austin. I decided to blog about this trip because honestly the food was a huge highlight. One of our favorite spots was this small, funky (hipster-esque) cafe found on S. Congress Avenue in Austin called Snack Bar. Don't let the simple name fool you, this modern diner has a killer menu with tons of gluten-free options for Milena and serves up the simplest and most creative brunch favorites to satisfy anyone's taste!OhM Sandwich - 2 over medium fried eggs, applewood smoked bacon, cheddar, bibb lettuce, tomato, onion, gluten-free millet bread
Tamago Yoko - cabbage & leek hash cake, 2 poached eggs medium, wild alaskan salmon, with wasabi aioli, siracha, nuóc châm. Yumm! I ate every bite of this Japanese style pancake. For once in my life, I looked at the menu at Snack Bar and immediately knew that I wanted the Tamago Yoko. That never happens - and even rarer, I loved every bite :)

I couldn't go to Austin without eating tamales. I have had a SICK obsession with tamales ever since my pit stop at La Nortena Tamales in Pecos, West Texas during my road trip from Los Angeles to Louisiana.
These were not my La Nortena tamales, but they definitely satisfied my craving! [purchased from The Gardener's Feast - organic tamales sold at the Austin Farmer's Market]
We tried the Pork Tomatillo tamale and the Poblano and cheese tamale. Muy bueno!

No comments:

Post a Comment