Green and Lean 5K/ Post-run feast


On May 22, 2010 Charleston hosted the fifth annual Green & Lean 5k Run.
The Green and Lean brings together two organizations, City of Charleston's Keep Charleston Beautiful and Lowcountry Earth Force, who are working to improve the quality of life in the Lowcountry. The proceeds from this event benefit local school-based environmental education programs.
It was a fun run around Brittlebank Park and the Citadel in downtown Charleston. To my pleasant surprise, I was awarded the winner in my category for fastest female ages 20-24 with a time of 23.09. Now, I'm motivated to train harder and crack 20 minutes, as the first place female completed the race in 19 minutes! Wishful thinking... but at least I have a time to work towards :)

After a hard run, nothing beats a victory feast! So, my good friend from work, Alli, took me to her favorite restaurant, Cru Cafe. Here we received special attention at the "Chef's table/Bar" (since Alli is a regular here) and indulged in a delicious meal.
In-house smoked salmon with baba ganoush, crostinis, and lightly dressed arugula.
Followed by the BEST BURGER I have ever had! Seriously.
Angus Burger Au Poivre with caramelized onions and a side of Asian Slaw.
And because Alli is loved here at Cru, the chef gave us a sample of the
White Wine Truffled Mussels and Peppers. Melt in your mouth delicious!

Hands down, the best meal in Charleston to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment