Mexican Smörgåsbord... if there ever was one.


Who doesn't love saying the word "smorgasbord?" In the traditional sense a "Mexican Smorgasbord" is a contradictory statement. Latin-infused dishes displayed and served in a Scandinavian style buffet (multiple dishes of various foods served both hot and cold)?
Although, in hindsight, most Mexican meals are also served family-style with multiple dishes served along a buffet - I guess I just love using the word smorgasbord.


Almost once a week I get an intense craving for Mexican food, it never fails. Therefore, I always keep a stock of ingredients to satisfy my craving: limes, black beans, avocado, tomatoes, salsa, tortilla chips, cilantro, corn or flour tortillas, and of course Cholula hot sauce.

Milena instigated the fiesta this week by inviting me over to make mango salsa with plantain chips. So I packed my own bag of ingredients and headed her way to start our summer off with a delicious smorgasbord of Mexican snacks.

Black Bean and Spinach Quesadillas with Goat Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment